The National Federation of University Co-operative Associations (hereinafter referred to as “NFUCA”) aims to support and take the lead in joint businesses of university co-ops, improve the lives of university co-op members, and realize a rich college life. In the process of achieving these purposes, we believe that it is our responsibility to manage the handling of personal information in an appropriate manner. In addition, we strive to properly protect personal information in accordance with the following basic policy.
- 1. When collecting personal information, NFUCA will inform the individual in advance of the purpose of use and handling regarding the provision of personal information, and will acquire it by appropriate and fair means.
- 2. NFUCA handles personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use of the retained personal information as indicated to the individual. In addition, we will take measures to prevent handling beyond the scope of the purpose of use.
- 3. NFUCA will not provide personal information to a third party without the individual’s consent, except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations.
- 4. NFUCA will comply with laws, national guidelines and other norms regarding personal information.
- 5. NFUCA will properly manage the retained personal information, strive to prevent information leakage, loss or damage, and continuously improve and revise its information security.
- 6. When outsourcing the handling of personal information to an external party, NFUCA will oblige the party to perform appropriate management by contract, etc. and supervise its execution.
- 7. NFUCA will appropriately and promptly respond to requests from any individual for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, deletion, etc. of personal information and complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information by NFUCA.
- 8. NFUCA will continuously review and improve its Personal Information Protection Management System in accordance with this policy.
Established on November 19, 2016
National Federation of University Co-operative Associations
Managing Director & CEO Shinichi Maita
In December 2017, the National Federation of University Co-operative Associations (NFUCA) was certified as a holder of PrivacyMark® as a business operator that handles personal information appropriately by the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC).
About Handling of Personal Information Held by NFUCA
About the Use of Personal Information
- 1. The personal information provided will be used for the following purposes.
- (1) To inform, receive orders, send invoices, settle payments, handle accidents, provide after-sales service, conduct questionnaires, conduct promotional activities, conduct various surveys, as well as business incidental thereto, regarding businesses that primarily target member co-ops as stipulated in the Articles of Incorporation of NFUCA.
- (2) To inform, receive orders, send invoices, settle payments, handle accidents, distribute list of names of participants to the participants or member co-ops, as well as business incidental thereto, regarding businesses that primarily target officers and employees of member co-ops (including individual members of member co-ops who participate in education and training programs) as stipulated in the Articles of Incorporation of NFUCA.
- (3) To provide information and notifications to member co-ops as well as their officers and employees based on laws, regulations, articles of incorporation, agreements, rules, etc.
- 2. Personal information related to officers and employees of business partners will be used for entering or leaving room, contact, negotiation, contract fulfillment, credit management, performance evaluation of entrusted business and performance evaluation with business partners.
- 3. Personal information such as resumes, which were submitted in staff recruitment, will be used for recruitment activities, such as screening process and communication.
- 4. Personal information obtained from NFUCA staff will be used for wage payment, withholding tax, social insurance, welfare, health and safety, skill development, personnel evaluation, business communication and other personnel management.
Provision of Personal Information
- 1. In order to achieve the purpose of use, we may provide affiliation, name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other information required for each purpose, which was entrusted to us through our form and application form to our business partners and member co-ops to which the individual is affiliated. We may provide such information to member co-ops and business associations to which the member co-op is affiliated in written documents or electronic data.
- 2. We may provide the information to related organizations if required by law and regulations or if necessary to protect people’s lives.
Entrust of Personal Information Handling
NFUCA may entrust the handling of personal information to another business operator only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. Upon entrustment, we will conclude a contract regarding personal information protection with the entrusted party and perform appropriate supervision.
Notes on Input of Personal Information
Please note that input of personal information is optional, but if you don’t input any personal information, we may not be able to respond to your inquiry.
Acquisition of Personal Information in Such a Manner that the Individual is Not Easily Recognized
When you use our website, our website may save cookies on your computer. Cookies record the exchange of information between your computer and the web server when you access our website. You can prevent it by specifying your privacy setting, but please note that we may not be able to provide the services you are expecting.
Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Retained Personal Information
For requests and inquiries regarding disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. from the individual regarding the personal information retained by NFUCA, please use this form: https://secure.univcoop.or.jp/form/index.html. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. Depending on the content of your questions, we may ask you to confirm your identity before making an answer. If you request a notification or disclosure of the purpose of use, a processing fee of maximum 1000 yen will be incurred.
Contact and Consultation Regarding Personal information
Department of Public Relations & Survey, NFUCA
3-30-22 Wada, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
For inquiries regarding personal information, please fill out the Inquiry Form.
Personal Information Protection Manager, NFUCA
Contact: Inquiry Form
Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
NFUCA is a target business operator of the Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC), an Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. For further information regarding personal information, please direct the enquiries to the following number.
[Please note that the information below is not the contact for business, products, etc. of NFUCA]
Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
Personal Information Protection Complaints Office
Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
Phone: 03-5860-7565 Toll Free: 0120-700-779